Practice - Forum
Pool
Checkers Library
Friday, 2016-12-09, 0:39 AM
Welcome Guest | RSS

Main Practice - ForumRegistrationLogin
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 1 of 11
Forum » General » Discussions » Practice (Trying to select a good practice routine)
Practice
TallTimberDate: Monday, 2012-07-23, 3:01 PM | Message # 1
Private
Group: Checked
I am looking for a practice method to improve my playing. I am not sure what methods to employ. Should I study only one phase of the game such as openings, endgames, or middle game? Or would it be better to practice a little of each day? Or due a circuit over the course of a week doing one topic per day? Should I include a study of shots?

Just trying to seek input. All suggestions are welcome.

Thanks. smile

tgfDate: Monday, 2012-07-23, 3:32 PM | Message # 2
Lieutenant
Group: Administrators
Hi TallTimber,

I envy you - you have so many treasures to look at, you just do not know where to start! smile
I personally always go for the shots - they are joy to solve, and they get your brain into shape for further studying.
You can also join the class, if you are interested, but first you need to demonstrate you can make diagrams to participate in discussions.

TallTimberDate: Tuesday, 2012-07-24, 6:20 AM | Message # 3
Private
Is there a particular program to use for making diagrams?

tgfDate: Tuesday, 2012-07-24, 7:08 AM | Message # 4
Lieutenant
Yes, we use this wonderful Diagram Maker, make a few diagrams, post them here.

TallTimberDate: Tuesday, 2012-07-24, 7:14 PM | Message # 5
Private
White Moves and Wins:

Added (2012-07-24, 7:14 PM)
---------------------------------------------
White moves and wins in this diagram

tgfDate: Tuesday, 2012-07-24, 7:41 PM | Message # 6
Lieutenant
Excellent! I especially like the second one.

Hitman1Date: Monday, 2012-09-17, 4:53 AM | Message # 7
Private
Group: Users
TallTimber, try kaplan the art book

HardwayneDate: Monday, 2012-10-29, 7:49 AM | Message # 8
Private
method of studying and practicing is not a quick fix .but i would agree with Jake , starting with shots will always open up your mind and get you to look for more than just the obvious, it will get you to think outside of the box and get more creative. then you move on to opennings and endings.

TigerDate: Friday, 2013-02-01, 1:58 PM | Message # 9
Private
Hello readers. My name is Jermaine 'Tiger' Delattibudiere. I am from Jamaica. My e-mail address is jermainegetfit@hotmail.com. My telephone number is (876)456-1807. I am a good pool checkers player, but I have not yet mastered the art of playing pool checkers, and I would love to do so. I am seeking to gain access to advanced books on shots, openings, endings and the middle of the game. I believe in my ability and I believe that if I gain access to the right material and study them I could become one of the best there is. I also have friends who play the game and are willing to study the art of player pool checkers at a high level, but they don't have access to the right materials. I would love to obtain some books to share with them. I believe that I am now at the right place to gain access to the right study material, but I have not obtained any books on advanced pool checkers as yet. Can anyone assist me or advise me on how to gain access to some advanced pool checkers books?\

Message edited by Tiger - Friday, 2013-02-01, 2:03 PM

tgfDate: Friday, 2013-02-01, 8:25 PM | Message # 10
Lieutenant
There is plenty of good material on the site - Aron Zlobinskiy's page, Collections.
Some very good material was converted for Jamaican board here  http://poolcheckers.com/jamaica/
Report when you are done, then we'll see about more books.

hardd_babyDate: Monday, 2013-02-11, 6:42 AM | Message # 11
Private
playin with a clock in poolcheckers how does it help u to read ur game properly an make your best of play when person may b playing an watchin the time.

tgfDate: Monday, 2013-02-11, 7:15 AM | Message # 12
Lieutenant
Checkers is an art but also a competition, on the international scene all games are with clocks, they even conduct World Chamionships on Blits (5 min a game) and Rapid (something like 10 or 15) mintes a game. But normal play can have like one hour for 20-30 moves. The reason I am un-presice is that most checkers action is in Europe and its been over 30 years since I was there.

Playing on time is a plague on http://playok.com/ , kids will be kids and experiment with everything, so 1 minute games is number one there, But believe it or not this is a great way to activate your brain, to be alert and respond superfast! I do recommend that. On Vog (in Pool room that is) playing with clock is rare, old people do not think fast, and they do not like the clock anyway, not part of culture.

But going back to your question - programs typically will stop the game if position is repeated three times; and anyone over 18 will avoid playing youngsters who play the draw position to beat you on time, it is insulting to the quality players, if this is a obvious draw and you offer a draw your opponent is bound by etiquet to agree, or suffer a loss of face, at least this is my attitude.

Forum » General » Discussions » Practice (Trying to select a good practice routine)
Page 1 of 11
Search:

Copyright Pool Checkers Library © 2016
Free web hostinguCoz