Your start with checkers? - Forum
Pool
Checkers Library
Friday, 2016-12-09, 0:39 AM
Welcome Guest | RSS

Main Your start with checkers? - ForumRegistrationLogin
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 1 of 11
Forum » General » Discussions » Your start with checkers?
Your start with checkers?
tgfDate: Saturday, 2011-10-15, 10:25 AM | Message # 1
Lieutenant
Group: Administrators
This same topic was just started on the Russian site http://www.shashki.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t-1824.html , many players responded (including me), how about you, can you share how you came to play checkers?

Hitman1Date: Tuesday, 2011-10-18, 4:28 AM | Message # 2
Private
Group: Users
I started from looking at my Dad play when i was ten years old!! biggrin

GuestDate: Thursday, 2011-10-27, 9:11 AM | Message # 3
Group: Guests

You keep it up now, undersntad? Really good to know.

DrewDate: Sunday, 2012-04-08, 8:07 AM | Message # 4
Private
Group: Checked
Learned how the pieces moved when I was 10 years old.I was taught by my older brother. We used bottle caps from soda bottles . These bottle caps with their sharp edges would wear a store bought board out .My brother and I didn't "know" anything .This was in Moultrie, Georgia (circa 1968). We just knew how the pieces moved. And we only played on rainy days and days we that didn't have to work...if we played.Sandlot football ,marbles ,spinning tops and even jack stones came before checkers! There were no "mentors" to teach or show us anything . We just thought it was a noisy game to pass the time. We never knew there were books on the game. Never knew there were systems/methods of play! I would venture to say that there are some areas around the US that this is still the case. Drew

tgfDate: Sunday, 2012-04-08, 9:46 AM | Message # 5
Lieutenant
Group: Administrators
I think everyone over 50 has a similar experience - we played all games, just for fun, nothing special about checkers, never knew about books. clubs, etc. Nowadays kids can just search the internet for any information on any subject, they could find this site and learn to beat their peers (and parents) in a couple of hours!

Forum » General » Discussions » Your start with checkers?
Page 1 of 11
Search:

Copyright Pool Checkers Library © 2016
Free web hostinguCoz